Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Countdown Swap

Dec 24th, ME!



So, I feel like I've been awfully quiet around here lately! LOL! I haven't let you know what stamps, colors, accessories any of my team mates have used making their swaps. When I could I linked to their sites, hoping they would post a list, or at least you had access to them to ask questions if desired. However, today is the day I reveal mine, and can chat with you all probably MORE than usual...bear with me! So the above photo is the way I packaged my set, the #24 was hand written with a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write on an image from the "Tags til Christmas" Stamp Set stamped in Pear Pizzazz on a sticky label, punched out and adhered to the outside of the envelope...any guesses what's inside from the packaging???



This is the actual packaging, without the distracting glare of the cello bag. My ingredients are as follows:
CS: Early Espresso, Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz
Inks: Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso
Stampin' Write Markers: Chocolate Chip
DSP: Pear Pizzazz from the Designer Series Paper Pack-In Color (Level 1 Hostess Benefit!)
Embossing Folder: Petals-a-Plenty
Punches: Scalloped Edge Border Punch
Stamps: Tags til Christmas, Playful Pieces (Level 3 Hostess Benefit!)
Accessories: Thread from my sewing kit, staple from my office supplies, coffee stir stick from my local $ store

So.....any guesses YET?



Here's the inside!!! Any guesses now???

It's a sheet of "scratch off strips"! You know, the silver part you scratch off of lottery style tickets? This is a whole sheet the recipients can cut to suit their needs, and stick over their desired image. I did stamp my contact info on the back of my project, and covered it with a scratch-off strip, that is why I included the coffee stick. Everyone gets to try it out without wasting any of their provided materials. The recipe for the strips is below, and was taken directly from the December 2010"Scrapbookers etc." magazine.

How do I make a scratch-off card?
Mix 2 parts silver paint with 1 part dish washing soap and paint the mixture on clear contact paper. When the paint dries, cut the contact paper into strips, peel off the backing, and adhere to your card.

Hope you all enjoyed this (long!) post, and my team mates enjoyed my swap! Merry Christmas everyone!

Hugs,
Robbyn

No comments:

Post a Comment