Friday, July 8, 2011

Quick Cards a la Color Coach!

You've seen this card recently, so ignore the actual layout for a bit, and come tour the amazing Color Coach with me! This is probably my MOST used tool when it comes to my creating. When I'm at a loss for a color combo, I flip it open, pick a color I'd like to use, and then on the back, there are 2 different combos to choose from. Sometimes I look at the suggested colors and think they will never work together, but each time I use them, I fall in love with a new combo!

So in the samples below, I've made 2 of the same cards using the 2 suggested color combinations. In all cases, the card on the left is from the "Creative Combination" suggestions, and the cards on the right are from the "Sweet Set" suggestions. I find it soooo interesting that all the cards have such a different feel, depending on which colors were used!

Enjoy!

Left card: Wisteria Wonder, Luck Limeade, Elegant Eggplant
Right card: Wisteria Wonder, Pink Pirouette and Cherry Cobbler (I have to admit, this was a combo I thought would look terrible, but I LOVE it!!!)

Left card: Pool Party, So Saffron, Not Quite Navy
Right Card: Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip

Left Card: Lucky Limeade, Riding Hood Red, Perfect Plum
Right Card: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight

Left card: Island Indigo, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade
Right Card: Island Indigo, Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry

Left card: Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight
Right Card: Calypso Coral, Riding Hood Red, Basic Grey

Ingredients: (All SU!)
Classic Inks are listed above, Whisper White CS, all 5 new In Colors CS, Printed Petals Stamp Set, School Book Serif Alphabet, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment