Saturday, September 29, 2012

Happy Birthday LauLau!

Hi everyone! One of the things I love to do, is see a commercially made card somewhere, and adapt it to my Stampin' Up! products! The idea for this card, came from one that I briefly saw at a clients house, and was not Birthday themed at all. My eye was drawn to the square patterns of color in the background and the bold black image in the foreground. By the time I made it home to my studio, I'd decided to color block the background with my Clear-Mount Blocks (sizes A, B and C) with a catchy color combo taken directly from my Color Coach (Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Baja Breeze), then stamp it with a solid black image (A Cherry on Top Stamp Set, from the current hostess benefits). I did cheat a little and added a Real Red cherry on the top, and since I stamped all of the images with Craft Ink, I embossed them with the Cherry Scented Embossing Powder. Mmm mmm! Hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients: (All SU!)
Whisper White CS, Classic Ink in Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze and Daffodil Delight, Craft Ink In Basic Black and Real Red, Clear-Mount Blocks sizes A, B and C, Cherry Scented Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, A Cherry on Top Stamp Set

No comments:

Post a Comment